Gift this class
Darkroom Printing Basics Workshop
The perfect followon from the FIlm Photography & Developing Workshop.
For some it’s once in a lifetime, for others the start of a lifelong passion. One thing’s for sure you will never forget your first time in a darkroom, the intensity of the process. The red glow of the safe light as you position your paper and adjust the focus.
A few seconds of light. Sliding the paper into developer and gently rocking the bath. Watching the first blacks creep in followed by shades of grey. Into the stop bath, fixer then rinse. Blinking in the daylight as you step back into the real world. The romance of printing your own black and white photographs will stay with you forever.
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Learn how to make beautiful one of a kind pieces of photographic art by hand.
- Learn the value of print and create imagery that is both hand made and deliberate.
- Gain the confidence to print in the darkroom so you can further your learning as a member of The Fox Darkroom.
- All equipment, paper and chemicals supplied
- Tea, coffee and snacks provided on arrival and throughout the day.
- One-on-one guidance from a professional photographer.
- Access to a warm and inspiring learning environment. We believe everybody is capable of creating beautiful photographs, we will help you achieve this!
- Walk away with your first hand printed 8x10 print. We will even frame it for you so you can gift it to a loved one or keep it all to yourself!
- Your interest to learn!
- At least one batch of developed black and white negatives
creatives, photography enthusiasts, those who like to make art by hand and are seeking a truly unique experience with likeminded folk
Terms and conditions
The Fox Darkroom provides goods and services to you subject to the following conditions. If you purchase from our online store (www.thefoxdarkroom.com.au.au) or visit out premises at (10 Elizabeth St, Kensington) you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
All workshops must be paid for in full (prior to the workshop commencement date) to secure your place. Places are subject to availability.
Refunds cannot be given when notice is given less than 1 week before the workshop date.
Transfers (between people or a workshop date) can be made if notice is given no less than 1 week before the workshop date.
The Fox Darkroom website and information contained within it can be used for your own personal use and must not be used for any commercial reason.
Access depends on availability. Bookings must be made in advance.
Health and Safety
The Fox Darkroom is not responsible for the archival quality or outcome of film processing or printing made in this facility. You also acknowledge that the darkroom is hired out as a shared facility and it is your responsibility to be aware and courteous of other people’s needs and safety and to take care of your belongings at all times. The Fox Darkroom has no liability for personal belongings of darkroom members.
While we take all care to ensure your safety, in agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to understand and be liable for the health and safety risks of the darkroom. It is your responsibility to take the appropriate health and safety precautions. Your health and safety is not the responsibility of The Fox Darkroom.